Technical Activities Data Privacy Resource Page
Data privacy is an increasingly important part of how companies conduct business and treat their customers. The first major regulation was the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which went into effect 25 May 2018. IEEE has updated policies and procedures to comply with the regulation and is developing guidance on what IEEE will do to comply with the regulation. Below you will find detailed information regarding your role as a Technical Activities Leader in supporting compliance activities.
IEEE volunteers are expected to be familiar with the data privacy regulations and their responsibilities to protect and properly use personal information that is entrusted to IEEE. The links below will provide you with information to assist you. Additionally, any volunteers who have direct access to personal information, particularly IEEE Roster information, should take the IEEE Volunteer GDPR compliance course. Information on training can be found via the link below in the “Additional Resources” section.
- Bulletin #1: Overview of the EU-GDPR and other Data Privacy Regulations * [download PDF]
- Bulletin #2: Handling Data Breaches Under GDPR * [download PDF]
- Bulletin #3: GDPR Consent Permission Marketing * [download PDF] (updated May 2019)
- Bulletin #4: Data Privacy and Working with Event Contractors and Vendors * [download PDF]
- Bulletin #5: Data Privacy and Event Registration * [download PDF]
- Bulletin #6: Handling Requests From Individuals Under GDPR * [download PDF]
- Bulletin #7: Data Privacy Terms and Definitions * [download PDF]
- Bulletin #8: Data Privacy and Social Media * [download PDF]
- Bulletin #9: Data Privacy and Personal Information on Websites * [download PDF]
- IEEE Policy on GDPR
- IEEE Data Access and Use Policy
- GDPR Dictionary
- GDPR Quick Facts
- GDPR Overview - Technical Activities
- IEEE Website and Campaign Consent Collection Instructions
- IEEE Records Retention Program (Coming Soon)
If you have any questions, please submit them to TA Answer Central.